This Sweet Potato Casserole is amazingly flavorful with each chew of creamy candy potato and crunchy pecan oat crumble. You’ll by no means know it’s a a lot more healthy model of conventional and gained’t depart you feeling sluggish after consuming it! Excellent on your Thanksgiving menu.
Easy methods to Make Wholesome Sweet Potato Casserole
Sweet potato casserole is one among my favourite sides for Thanksgiving. Sweet potato casserole is often packed with sugar and butter making it a very heavy dish – extra wealthy than dessert even!
Sweet potatoes are naturally candy and if you happen to add an excessive amount of sugar and fats, it’s exhausting to style their pure flavors. I love serving my children complete meals with out tons of components in order that they’ll be taught to take pleasure in the actual flavors of meals.
This candy potato casserole recipe is calmly sweetened with maple syrup and it actually brings out a scrumptious taste from the candy potatoes.
This recipe is very easy to whip up – actually whip.
- Cook dinner your candy potatoes. See under for my suggestion on the easiest way to prepare dinner candy potatoes.
- As soon as they’re cooked and barely cooled, take away the skins and place the within in a bowl alongside with the maple syrup, milk, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg , allspice and salt. Beat this combination with a handheld mixer to easy out any lumps. You’ll then pour the combination right into a 8×Eight inch baking dish.
- Subsequent you’ll make the oat crumble topping. Combine collectively the flour, oats, brown sugar, and pecans. Use a pastry cutter, danish dough whisk or a fork to combine within the melted butter till the combination comes collectively.
- Sprinkle the topping over your candy potatoes after which bake. The highest needs to be a golden brown shade and delightfully crunchy. That’s it!
Are Yams and Sweet Potatoes the Similar Factor?
Sweet potatoes and yams are each root greens – however they’re positively not the identical factor. The orange-colored vegetable that we mostly purchase on the retailer are literally a candy potato, however are labeled yams. It will get complicated! As we speak the U.S. Department of Agriculture requires labels with the time period ‘yam’ to be accompanied by the time period ‘candy potato.’
Yams are literally very starchy, extra potato-like, and often not very candy. Yams are grown around the globe, however West Africa is the place 95% of most yam crops are grown.
There are a whole bunch of kinds of candy potatoes – some are white and delicate to deep purple and tremendous candy. Over half of the USA candy potato provide comes from North Carolina.
What’s the Finest Method to Cook dinner Sweet Potatoes?
In order for you a palms off, no mess method to prepare dinner a candy potato – then the Instant Pot is definitely the best method. It’s extremely simple and provides you probably the most creamy candy potato of your life! Right here is the way you do it:
- Rinse and scrub your candy potatoes, and place them on high of the steel wire steaming rack that got here with your On the spot Pot.
- Add one cup of water to the underside of the On the spot Pot, and lock the lid. Set the strain cooker to prepare dinner for 15 minutes underneath strain for medium-sized sweets, or 19 minutes for giant sweets.
- Let the strain come down naturally for no less than ten minutes. (You may let it come down naturally all the best way if you happen to like… however if you happen to’re in a rush to eat, you may go forward and flip the valve after ten minutes.)
That’s all there’s to it! With principally no effort you’ll have completely cooked candy potatoes: easy, creamy and candy.
This Sweet Potato Casserole recipe is my new favourite Thanksgiving facet dish as a result of I know I can eat it and nonetheless really feel good after whereas having fun with the wonderful flavors!
PIN FOR LATER
I WOULD LOVE YOUR FEEDBACK! In case you make this candy potato casserole, will you permit a remark and star score under? Your suggestions is tremendous useful for SHK dad and mom and different readers who’re fascinated with making the recipe. Thanks!
- 5 medium candy potatoes
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, pure
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 giant egg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Scrub the skin of your candy potatoes, and prepare dinner them till comfortable. I like to recommend cooking within the On the spot Pot. See how here.
Preheat your oven to 400° F. Put together an 8×Eight baking pan by spraying with cooking spray.
As soon as your candy potatoes are cooked and barely cooled, scoop the orange inside in a big mixing bowl. Add the maple syrup, milk, vanilla, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
Beat with a hand mixer till easy and there are not any lumps. Unfold the candy potato combination into your baking pan with a spatula till evenly easy.
In a medium bowl, combine collectively the flour, oats, brown sugar, and pecans. Use a pastry cutter, danish dough whisk or a fork to combine within the melted butter till the combination comes collectively.
Sprinkle the topping over your candy potatoes. Bake for 25-30 minutes or till the highest is a golden brown shade and delightfully crunchy. Take pleasure in!