Strawberry Shortcake Fudge is 2 layers of strawberry fudge with vanilla wafers nestled between the layers and topped with crushed wafers. If in case you have ever had strawberry milk, that is precisely what it tastes like!
Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
Though there isn’t any precise shortcake on this recipe, it follows the identical layering idea of the basic dessert. The vanilla wafers act because the shortcake within the recipe. The strawberry pudding combine offers it the pink coloring and strawberry taste.
Strawberry Shortcake Fudge Elements
Strawberry Jello Powder: Due to the jello powder, there isn’t any want so as to add any meals coloring. The powder is already pink to offer the fudge its pretty shade. You’ll solely use a few tablespoons of the powder, so remember that you’ll have some leftover.
Evaporated Milk: That is typically known as ‘unsweetened condensed milk’. It’s totally different than sweetened condensed milk, which comprises added sugar.
White Chocolate Chips: Search for white chocolate baking chips.
Vanilla Wafers: Complete wafers would be the center layer of strawberry shortcake fudge. Additionally, you will add some crushed wafers on prime. If you wish to make your individual cookies, I’ve a vanilla wafer recipe here.
The way to Make Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
Fudge is at all times good to have round for a deal with to fulfill your candy tooth. Plus, it’s an awesome vacation reward to share. With the stunning pink shade, suppose Valentine’s Day! One factor that’s vital is a sweet thermometer. I’ll discuss extra about that later. Let’s get to creating this fudge!
- Line an 11×7-inch baking dish with parchment paper. In the event you don’t have parchment paper, aluminum foil can even work. It will make it a complete lot simpler to take away your fudge from the pan when it’s able to be lower.
- In a big saucepan, combine collectively the sugar, butter, jello powder, and evaporated milk over medium warmth.
- Deliver the combination to a full boil for five minutes. That is the place a sweet thermometer turns out to be useful. If in case you have one, the temperature ought to learn 234°F.
- Take away from warmth and stir within the white chocolate chips till they’ve melted. Then, beat within the marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Switch half the fudge to the lined baking dish. Prime with a layer of vanilla wafers.
- Add the remaining fudge on prime of the wafers and sprinkle with the crushed wafers.
- Let the fudge sit out at room temperature for not less than 2 hours to harden.
What’s a Sweet Thermometer?
A sweet thermometer, often known as a deep-fry thermometer or sugar thermometer, is used to measure the temperature of a sugar answer. It’s positively an vital instrument to have when making sweet like this strawberry shortcake fudge. Identical to utilizing a meat thermometer is vital for completely cooked meat and measuring cups and spoons are vital for measuring substances, a sweet thermometer has its place within the baking world, for certain!
Yow will discover them in most grocery shops and houseware shops. If you use it, simply be sure to don’t immerse the thermometer straight into boiling water or let the bulb hit the underside of the pan. It truly is a game-changer, or ought to I say candy-changer, in your future sugary recipes.
Can I Make Fudge with out a Sweet Thermometer?
Don’t let not have a sweet thermometer deter you from making fudge. Nonetheless, with out a thermometer, it may be irritating making fudge. However, listed below are a couple of suggestions that may assist if you wish to give it a attempt:
- Warmth the combination as directed. Whereas it’s coming to a boil, set a medium-sized bowl of ice water and a small metallic spoon (your on a regular basis silverware spoon) subsequent to the range. When the combination has been effervescent for a couple of minutes, do your first check.
- Dip the spoon into the combination and coat the tip. With one hand, dip the coated spoon instantly into the ice water after which seize the cooling sugar combination together with your different hand. Take away from the water and roll it round between your fingers and thumb and see what it looks like. In the event you’re searching for the “soft-ball” stage, it ought to type a ball that holds collectively however nonetheless feels a bit squishy and will be flattened whenever you press on it (like a gooey caramel).
- This course of will take a couple of tries not less than, however you possibly can see (and really feel!) it transferring by the phases to offer you an indicator of how shut you might be. That is only a actually enjoyable science experiment in your kitchen!
How do you harden Fudge?
Permitting fudge to return to room temperature will solidify it and make it straightforward to deal with. You too can pop it into the fridge for a few hours and even the freezer for about 30 minutes. Fudge is greatest consumed at room temperature although, so make sure you take it out a couple of minutes earlier than you wish to eat it.
How do you retailer Fudge?
In case you are planning on consuming it inside 2 weeks, you possibly can retailer the fudge in an hermetic container. I wish to separate the layers with parchment or wax paper. You too can retailer fudge within the fridge for a couple of weeks. Once more, an hermetic container with separated layers is greatest. In the event you want longer storage, like months, the freezer is the best choice. I wish to tightly wrap the fudge with plastic wrap after which place it in an hermetic container or freezer-safe plastic bag. Remember to write the date on it!
Searching for Extra Fudge Recipes?
Strawberry Shortcake Fudge is 2 layers of strawberry fudge with vanilla wafers nestled between the layers and topped with crushed wafers.
Strawberry Shortcake Fudge
Energy: 228 kcal
(600g) granulated sugar
(1½ sticks or 170g) butter
strawberry jello powder
(168g) evaporated milk
white chocolate chips
(7 ounces) marshmallow fluff
crushed vanilla wafers,
Line an 11×7-inch pan with parchment paper. Put aside.
In a big saucepan, over medium warmth, combine collectively sugar, butter, jello powder, and evaporated milk.
Deliver the combination to a boil, leaving on the warmth till the combination registers 234°F on a sweet thermometer (about 5 minutes).
Take away from warmth and stir in white chocolate chips till melted and totally mixed.
Add in marshmallow fluff, vanilla extract, and salt, stirring till mixed.
Switch half of the fudge to the ready pan, prime with the vanilla wafers, after which the remaining fudge combination.
Sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers.
Let the fudge cool at room temperature for about 2 hours (or till set) earlier than slicing.
Amanda Rettke is the creator of I Am Baker, and the bestselling writer of Shock Inside Muffins: Wonderful Muffins for Each Event – With a Little One thing Further Inside.Over the course of her 15+ 12 months running a blog journey, she has been featured in and collaborated with the Meals Community, New York Occasions, LA Occasions, Nation Residing Journal, Folks Journal, Epicurious, Brides, Romantic Houses, life:lovely, Publishers Weekly, The Every day Mail, Star Tribune, The Globe and Mail, DailyCandy, YumSugar, The Knot, The Kitchn, and Parade, to call a couple of.