The Covid 19 Pandemic has had many of us of their kitchens baking up a storm, making an attempt to maintain busy, particularly whereas we have been locked down. Shopping the web, it appeared everybody was into sourdough starters, baking loaves of sourdough bread, and making banana bread. I can truthfully say I’ve by no means seen so many various recipes for banana bread in only a few quick months. It appeared that everybody was making some variation of banana bread, and I discovered myself getting drawn into the banana bread habit, and I made a couple of loaves myself.
Though I have already got some nice recipes for banana bread posted on my weblog, one recipe I made throughout quarantine that was an absolute winner was this one that features bitter cream. Though conventional banana bread is inherently moist, to start with, including bitter cream simply introduced it up a notch. After baking dozens of loaves, I’ve discovered that mashing all however one of many ripe bananas and chopping that one into small cube provides the bread texture. I additionally like to chop a ripe banana in half and lay it throughout the highest of the batter simply earlier than it goes into the oven to bake. You possibly can fold a cup or so of raisins, diced apples, or chocolate chips into the batter earlier than baking for those who needed to! This loaf may be very moist, so I’d wrap leftovers in plastic wrap or foil and retailer leftovers within the fridge. This bread additionally freezes nicely, so be happy to double the recipe and freeze the second loaf!
Deborah Mele 2020
- 1/2 Cup (1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 2 Giant Eggs At Room Temperature, Frivolously Crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Mashed Bananas Plus 1 Minimize Into 1-inch Items
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Ripe Banana Minimize In Half Lengthwise
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F. and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a big bowl, use an electrical hand mixer and cream the butter with the sugar till gentle and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, and vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk collectively the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a wood spoon to stir the flour combination into the butter combination.
- Add the bitter cream and bananas, and stir simply till combined.
- Pour batter into ready pan and lay a banana half on prime.
- Bake till a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out cleanly, about 50 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, take away from the pan, and funky to room temperature.
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 274Complete Fats: 5gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 2gLdl cholesterol: 57mgSodium: 319mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g