We now have a pizza oven at our residence right here in Michigan and our farmhouse in Umbria, Italy. My husband is the pizzaiola, although, so when he’s away from residence and I’m craving pizza, I make it in my kitchen oven. To get the most effective outcomes when making pizza within the oven, I discover it finest to preheat the oven at its highest temperature. I’ve used a pizza stone prior to now, however I left my stone in Florida, so as a substitute, I take advantage of a pizza pan with holes in it, typically referred to as a sensible pan. These holes be sure that the pizza’s backside will crisp up appropriately, and I’ve had nice outcomes utilizing these pans.
For the most effective pizza, you want good dough and top of the range substances. My favorite pizza dough recipe makes use of half all-purpose flour and half pizza flour (also referred to as tipo “oo”) and replaces a number of the water with white wine. This dough has by no means failed me and is my go-to pizza dough, whether or not we’re utilizing our out of doors pizza oven or my common kitchen oven. You may additionally purchase your pizza dough if you wish to simplify issues. Don’t fear; I received’t decide!
I really like taking part in round with my pizza toppings and am at all times making an attempt one thing new. This pizza took place as I had some leftover Brussels sprouts from dinner the night time earlier than. I sautéed some crumbled Italian sausage meat to mix with my sprouts and used this mixture for my pizza. Relating to sauce, I desire a fresh-tasting tomato sauce that’s barely cooked. My Quick and Easy Tomato Sauce is ideal for pizza!
Deborah Mele 2021
- Warmth the oven to its highest setting (Often 500 levels F.) with a pizza stone positioned on the center shelf in case you have one.
- To arrange the dough, press every dough ball right into a flat disk on a frivolously floured counter or bread board.
- Utilizing your fingers and knuckles fastidiously, press the dough out right into a 12 to 14 inch circle.
- Place the dough onto a baking peel frivolously coated with cornmeal or flour, or a steel pizza pan.
- Brush the outer 2 inches of the dough with the olive oil.
- Brush every pizza half with half the tomato sauce.
- Scatter the mozzarella cheese on every pizza.
- Divide the Brussels sprouts and crumbled sausage meat between every pizza.
- Sprinkle with slightly coarse sea salt, then bake every pizza for about 15 to 20 minutes or till the pizza is brown and bubbly turning the pizza midway if wanted for it to bake evenly.
- Cool 5 minutes after which slice and luxuriate in!
Serving Dimension: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 2976Whole Fats: 206gSaturated Fats: 78gTrans Fats: 1gUnsaturated Fats: 106gLdl cholesterol: 397mgSodium: 6313mgCarbohydrates: 155gFiber: 15gSugar: 21gProtein: 127g