Pineapple Curry is a creamy and flavorful vegetarian curry that makes an unbelievable dinner paired with rice. This 25-minute curry is considered one of my favourite go-to curry recipes!
Filled with onions, garlic, pineapple, and a handful of heat spices, youngsters and adults alike will love this creamy pineapple curry recipe. Think about including in different greens to make it even heartier.
This Pineapple Curry Is…
- Simple Weeknight or Weekday Dinner
- 25-Minute Dinner
Find out how to Make Pineapple Curry
- Add oil right into a skillet on the range.
- Toss in onions, garlic, and pineapple. Cook dinner till the onions are translucent.
- Add spices and proceed to prepare dinner for a few minutes.
- Add pineapple juice and milk. Cook dinner, stirring usually, till the sauce thickens. This takes round 10 minutes.
- As soon as creamy, serve the pineapple curry over a mattress of rice, cauliflower rice, and so on.
Knowledgeable Suggestions and Tips
Greatest Pineapple To Use For Curry
I used crushed pineapple after I made this curry. I discovered it created the very best texture. Remember that additionally, you will use the juice from the can.
Should you use a larger-chunked pineapple, you may discover the larger items is perhaps overpowering while you eat it.
Cook dinnering Spices
Make sure that so as to add your spices to the pan and permit them to prepare dinner for a minute or two earlier than including the milk and juice. You wish to do that as a result of it helps to convey out the extreme flavors of every of the spices. Should you prepare dinner your spices, you’ll discover an enormous distinction within the heat of the spices within the curry dish.
Including Greens Into Curry
Think about including diced peppers, carrots, or different greens to make your curry even heartier. You can even drain and toss in some chickpeas for added depth of taste.
Should you don’t wish to use common milk, you would swap it with coconut milk and even unsweetened almond milk. It ought to prepare dinner up okay and supply the same taste to cow milk on this curry recipe.
- If you’d like, toss in some tofu.
- Coconut milk will add a creamy texture.
- Drizzle with some yogurt on prime for a topping.
- Cashews or nuts add a enjoyable crunch to the curry dish.
- Serve with Naan bread, mango rice, traditional white rice, and so on.
Pineapple Curry FAQs
What’s Pineapple Curry?
Pineapple curry is a candy and savory curry that makes an awesome dinner or aspect dish. The primary ingredient on this curry is pineapple—and it’s so tasty and easy to make.
Do you want coconut milk to make curry?
I needed to create a curry that didn’t require coconut milk. If you’d like, you need to use coconut milk, however cow milk works nice on this recipe.
Can I exploit recent pineapple as a substitute of canned on this curry?
If you’d like, you may chop up recent pineapple into small bits as you’ll for a crushed pineapple from a can. It will work simply as nicely. Simply make sure that to chop your pineapple up into smaller bits.
Craving Extra Dinner Concepts?
- 1 Can Crushed Pineapple 20 Ounces
- 1 Cup Milk
- ½ Cup Pineapple Juice reserved from can
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Salt to style
Warmth olive oil in a pan over medium warmth.
Sauté the onion, garlic, and pineapple till the onions are translucent, about 3–5 minutes.
Add spices to the pan and proceed to prepare dinner and stir for a minute or two.
Slowly add the milk and juice whereas stirring. Let the combination simmer till it begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Salt to style.
Serve over rice and luxuriate in!
Energy: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 13gFats: 39gSaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 24mgSodium: 128mgPotassium: 943mgFiber: 7gSugar: 30gVitamin A: 719IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 422mgIron: 8mg