Lemon Blueberry Bread is smooth, moist, and utterly overloaded with blueberries and brilliant lemon taste. Plus, it has a crumble topping that creates an impressive crust. This fast and straightforward bread recipe everybody will love is customized from my favourite Lemon Blueberry Muffins.
Lemon Blueberry Bread
Because it’s mainly a muffin recipe remodeled into bread, it’s so fast and straightforward. This muffin batter goes from the blending bowl to the oven in a minute. You must admit that pouring blueberry muffin batter right into a loaf pan sounded significantly better than dividing into particular person muffin cups.
Lemon Blueberry Bread is nice as a snack or perhaps a dessert. It’s an ideal summer season deal with, made with the very best of what summer season has to supply, berries and citrus! However this recipe works completely with frozen berries, too! Due to this fact, you may get pleasure from this bread all yr spherical. Truly, I made this one with frozen berries to make use of final yr’s leftovers of blueberries I had within the freezer.
Nevertheless, utilizing primary components you may simply remodel them right into a scrumptious recipe. Lemon Blueberry Bread is smooth and moist loaf studded with blueberries in each single chew. This recipe bakes up right into a scrumptious deal with that tastes nice as a dessert but in addition makes a fast breakfast or snack.
I like this recipe! It’s my go-to muffin recipe. However spreading batter in a loaf pan as a substitute of dividing it into muffin cups makes it even sooner and simpler. You possibly can whip up this straightforward Lemon Blueberry Bread recipe in lower than 10 minutes and also you don’t even want a mixer!
For the streusel topping simply stir collectively flour, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon to make the crumbs and put aside. To make the bread batter, mix sugar, and moist components: eggs, oil, Greek yogurt, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. Stir the dry components collectively, add the moist to the dry and gently combine, simply till mixed for a young crumb. Fold in blueberries and unfold in a ready loaf pan. High with extra blueberries and streusel crumbs and bake.
You possibly can get pleasure from it heat from the oven or chilly from a fridge. You possibly can freeze it, too. Whether or not you eat it as breakfast, snack, or dessert, it is vitally satisfying.
Take pleasure in!
Lemon Blueberry Bread is smooth, moist, and utterly overloaded with blueberries and brilliant lemon taste, plus, it has crumble topping that creates an impressive crust.
For Streusel Topping:
- 2/three cup all-objective flour
- 5 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (or extra to style)
- ¼ cup unsalted butter-melted
For Lemon Blueberry Bread:
- 1 ½ cups all-objective flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons recent lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/three cup vegetable oil
- 2/three cup Greek yogurt (or bitter cream)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (you may substitute with lemon extract for pronounced lemon taste)
- 1 ¾ cups blueberries-recent or frozen (if utilizing frozen don’t thaw, add them straight from the freezer)
- 1–2 Tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F levels. Grease 9 X 5-inches loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper leaving massive overhang the perimeters so you may simply carry the bread from the pan, then put aside.
- To make the crumb topping in a small bowl, whisk collectively flour, sugar, and cinnamon, add melted butter, and stir with a fork till crumbly. Refrigerate till prepared to make use of.
- To make the batter in a big bowl stir collectively flour, baking powder, and salt and put aside.
- In a medium bowl place ¾ cup granulated sugar and lemon zest and rub for a minute. Add eggs and whisk till mixed. Whisk in Greek yogurt, lemon juice, oil, and vanilla (or lemon) extract.
- Fold moist components into dry components and whisk every part collectively simply to mix.
- Reserve about ½ cup of blueberries for topping. Place remaining blueberries in a small bowl. Mud blueberries with 1-2 tablespoon flour and toss them till all blueberries are coated with a skinny layer of flour after which utilizing a rubber spatula fold them very gently within the batter.
- Unfold the batter in ready pan, scatter remaining blueberries on prime, after which cowl the blueberries with streusel topping.
- Place them within the oven and bake at 400 F for five minutes, then REDUCE THE OVEN TEMPERATURE TO 350 F and bake for about 55-65 minutes or till the toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear. After 20-25 minutes tent it loosely with aluminum foil to forestall the highest and sides from getting too brown. Baking time will differ relying on the kind of pan you employ, and if utilizing frozen blueberries, it could want 10 minutes or so additional time.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes within the pan then switch on a wire rack to chill utterly.