I’ve baked extra bread within the final six months than I’ve within the prior six a long time. The Pandemic despatched many people into our kitchens, and I took that point to excellent my bread baking. I baked so many loaves of sourdough bread that my husband begged me to cease, after which I made a decision to check out another forms of bread. This bread is a variation of the Seeded Oat bread on my weblog. I changed the seeds with fruit and nuts and bake two scrumptious loaves.
This bread is great sliced with butter as is however is much more scrumptious toasted. I served some skinny slices with a creamy cheese one night, and each my husband and I agreed that it was a mix that may be nice for entertaining. Possibly we are able to all get again to entertaining family and friends quickly! Till then, this bread can be a beautiful addition to any household vacation brunch. I included the oats that had been within the authentic recipe, however I substituted two cups of complete grain flour for 2 cups of bread flour to make the bread extra rustic and nutritious. You possibly can substitute different fruits or nuts similar to dried apricots, figs, almonds or pecans if you happen to favor. This bread is finest baked over two days, which improves each taste and texture. Through the use of a ceramic or cast-iron Dutch oven, it’s also possible to develop an excellent chewy crust. I solely use SAF yeast for all of my bread and pizza, as it’s an on the spot yeast that doesn’t require proofing it first. You can also make two smaller loaves, or one giant one, no matter works finest for you.
Deborah Mele 2021
- four Cups Bread Flour
- 2 Cups Complete Wheat Flour
- 1 half Cups Outdated Normal Oats
- half Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Cup Dried Raisins
- Three Teaspoons Prompt Dry Yeast (See Notes Above)
- 3 + Cups Heat Water
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, oats, salt, and yeast and stir to combine.
- Make a nicely within the middle of the flour combination and add half the water and honey.
- Use a big wood spoon, and start to stir the water into the flour, including further water as you go.
- The dough must be slightly shaggy however no flour must be seen.
- Knead within the dried fruit and nuts.
- Cowl the bowl with plastic wrap and permit to sit down for an hour in a heat spot in your kitchen.
- Punch down the dough, then refrigerate in a single day.
- The subsequent day take the bowl from the fridge and let heat to room temperature for about Three hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 levels and place a big Dutch oven inside.
- Let the oven preheat for 30 minutes.
- Lay a bit of parchment paper on the counter and flippantly mud with flour.
- Form the dough into a decent ball by folding edges beneath.
- Cowl with a kitchen towel till the oven has preheated.
- Use a pointy knife or lame and reduce two slits excessive of the dough ball.
- Brush the highest of the bread with water after which sprinkle the oats excessive and sides.
- Take away the recent Dutch oven, and thoroughly choose up the dough utilizing the parchment paper and place contained in the Dutch oven.
- Cowl the Dutch oven with the lid, then return to the oven.
- Bake coated for 30 minutes, then take away the lid and bake one other 20 minutes or so or till the bread is a deep golden brown. (The interior temperature of the bread must be 200 levels F.)
- Flip oven off, open the oven door midway and let the bread sit contained in the oven for one more 20 minutes. (This ensures that you should have a superb chewy crust.)
- Take away bread from Dutch oven and funky fully earlier than slicing.
Serving Measurement: 1
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 524Whole Fats: 11gSaturated Fats: 1gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 8gLdl cholesterol: 0mgSodium: 115mgCarbohydrates: 98gFiber: 8gSugar: 25gProtein: 14g