I appear to be on a soup binge these days and discover myself making two or three new soups each week. Though we do have quite a few all time favourite soup recipes, I get tired of making the identical factor too usually, so I’m all the time pondering of latest soups to attempt. We actually do love soup although, and infrequently get pleasure from a giant bowl of vegetable soup for lunch. Soups like this scrumptious creamy mushroom soup are additionally nice served as a small portion starter for a particular weekend meal or when entertaining company.
This simple soup is filled with mushroom taste because the mushrooms are roasted first earlier than the remainder of the components are assembled which intensifies their taste. I used a mixture of mushrooms that are offered as wild mushroom combine at my native specialty retailer, however you should utilize any mixture of mushrooms that you just want. I used fats free half and half together with half a potato to assist create a creamy texture with out an excessive amount of added fats. I saved the garnish on the soup easy, topping every bowl with some sautéed mushroom slices in addition to some contemporary thyme. Different garnish concepts to contemplate can be toasted slices of crusty bread topped with goat cheese, or crumbled crispy pancetta bits. Though I saved my soup fairly thick, when you want a looser soup, merely skinny it with some vegetable or hen broth.
Deborah Mele Revised 2020
- three Tablespoons Olive Oil
- three Kilos Blended Mushrooms (Button, Shitake, Cremini, or Portobello), Cleaned & Chopped
- 1 Cup Chopped Onions
- three Cloves Garlic, Peeled & Minced
- Salt & Pepper
- half of Medium Potato, Peeled & Cubed
- Four Cups Hen Broth
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Contemporary Thyme
- 1/three to half of Cup Fats Free Half & Half
- Sautéed Sliced Mushrooms
- Contemporary Thyme Leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- Place the mushrooms and onions on a big baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Toss the mushroom combination with the oil, season with salt and pepper, and roast for 20 minutes.
- Stir the mushroom combination and add the garlic, stirring to combine, and proceed to roast one other 10 minutes.
- Place the mushroom combination right into a inventory pot together with the hen broth, thyme, and diced potato.
- Carry to a boil, then scale back the warmth to a simmer and prepare dinner till the potato is comfortable, about 20 minutes.
- Style, and regulate salt and pepper.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup till clean.
- Return the soup to the pot, and add as a lot half and half as desired, and warmth till thickened.
- Preserve the soup heat till wanted.
- Serve the soup into particular person bowls garnished with the mushrooms and contemporary thyme leaves.
Serving Dimension: 2 cups
Quantity Per Serving:
Energy: 267Complete Fats: 13gSaturated Fats: 2gTrans Fats: 0gUnsaturated Fats: 9gLdl cholesterol: 6mgSodium: 1039mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 9gSugar: 14gProtein: 11g