I used to be actually pleased with the way in which my Bourbon Mango Pulled Summer Squash Sandwiches turned out, notably the sauce. As quickly as we had been completed consuming, I began fascinated about different issues I might do with it. One of many concepts I had was to make baked beans. It took just a little bit of labor (and even some math—gasp!) to determine learn how to make this recipe end up proper, however I feel I succeeded—these are conventional baked beans with a twist! This recipe for Bourbon Mango Slow Cooker Baked Beans is ideal for a summer season barbecue or potluck—belief me, it makes sufficient to feed a small military. Use leftovers to make baked bean sandwiches or Vegetarian Shipwreck Casserole.
Bourbon Mango Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- 2 (16 oz) baggage dried navy beans
- cooking spray
- 1 giant onion, chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, diced, and pureed
- 1 half of cup ready barbecue sauce
- 1 1/four cup water
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 half of tbsp bourbon
- 1/four tsp chipotle powder (half of tsp for spicier beans)
- salt and pepper, to style
- Soak beans in a single day in a big bowl (if desired). Drain, rinse, and add to giant Dutch oven. Cowl beans with water and convey to a simmer. Decrease warmth and prepare dinner for 45 minutes, or till tender. Drain and funky.
- Whereas beans are cooking, warmth cooking spray in a small skillet over medium warmth. Add chopped onion and saute till golden, stirring usually, about 7 minutes.
- Mix onions and beans in slow cooker. Add mango puree, barbecue sauce, water, balsamic vinegar, honey, bourbon, chipotle powder, salt, and pepper and stir till well-combined. Cowl and prepare dinner on low for six–eight hours, till sauce has thickened.
This submit was initially revealed on 18 July 2011.